Bubnest was designed with your baby’s health and safety in mind and to make life easier for you.
Baby sleepers, like the Bubnest, have been used for centuries in Sweden, where they were first invented as medical devices used to keep newborn and premature babies warm and secure. They can be found at Neonatal Intensive Care Units and maternity wards across the globe. The Kanmed baby sleeper was based on the philosophy of kangaroo mother care and was filled with 37°C water to warm newborns or premature babies, filling in for the warmth of a mother's skin when she couldn’t be there for bub.
Bubnest meets the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (US CPSC) safety requirements. There are no hazardous chemicals, no small parts which are considered choking hazard and it is made from cotton which is breathable. The rope is just long enough to tie up at the bottom when pulled tight, but once open there is only 2cm of rope exposed.
The Bubnest is made from organic material and is not treated with fire retardant chemicals.
We have implemented a series of quality control systems to ensure we maintain the highest standards of quality. These systems include record keeping, incoming raw material inspections and continuous improvements. We monitor the quality of all our Bubnests from raw materials, during production, upon delivery and before shipping, to ensure no seams are loose, that no wadding can escape, and that everything is safely secured and baby proof. These quality control systems and our knowledge of the appropriate safety standards act as a filter when we evaluate new future product models.
This is a baby product and with all things baby, use with caution and trust your instincts! If it doesn’t feel safe it probably isn’t. SIDS recommendations for safe sleeping should always be followed.
- Never leave child unsupervised
- Ensure bub does not accidentally roll onto its side/stomach without being able to roll back.
- Bub’s head should always be placed towards the top of the Bubnest, away from the ropes.
- Place bub in the nest on their back.
- Do not put pillows in the nest.
- When the nest is open, make sure the ropes are pulled in entirely.
- When the Bubnest is pulled into a tighter position, make sure the ropes are tied securely.
- Place bub in Bubnest on a flat hard surface and don’t place it on anything it could fall from.
- Don’t place close to fire.
- Don't leave your baby under a child's supervision.
- Don't use Bubnest as a toy.
Common-sense and intuition are something we encourage strongly as we cannot take responsibility if a Bubnest is misused. We can not claim that nothing will ever happen to your baby in a Bubnest, it is an impossible claim for any product. Use with common sense, love and respect.